Inactive desktop icons?

Reaction score
I have Win7 RC on my laptop and had something strange happened. I don't know what I (or one of my kids) clicked, but somehow active icons were overlapping other, inactive icons. I could drag them apart but some remained inactive. I changed backgrounds and all was normal. It was like there was a screen shot under there. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Could someone have played a prank on you? Sometimes people take a screenshot of the desktop and set it as the background as a joke - it may be that someone has done that? However, if you could drag the inactive icons then that wouldn't be the case.

Reaction score
Probably was a screenshot

You're probably right. I couldn't move any of the inactive icons. HAHA, joke's on me!! Oh well, it was weird at the time. By the way, how does one take a screenshot and use it as a background? I may have a payback coming!! Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
To perform this trick, press the "Print Screen" key when you are at your desktop to take a screenshot. Then, paste this image in to paint and save it. You can now set that image as the desktop background in the usual way :)

Ask a Question