Cursor Jumps to the Start of text on Desktop

Reaction score
I've been having this problem for months where my text cursor will reset or jump to the beginning of my text, usually when using Facebook messager and ESPECIALLY when the person I'm chatting with sends a message while I'm typing or a notification pops up. I've tried everything I could find around the internet to fix this problem and the only specific fix I could find was for laptops. I have an HP Windows 7 desktop. I've restarted, I've virus scanned, I've updated my mouse driver, I even tried the laptop fix and nothing so far has worked. I'm at my wits end with this problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I realize you said you have a desktop but by any chance does your keyboard also have a touchpad? The reason I ask is because I have a keyboard w/ touchpad in my living room & if I bump the touchpad with the palm of my hand while typing & this can change the cursor position.

Assuming you do not have a touchpad, try unplugging the mouse & see if you can still replicate the issue. If you cannot then replace the mouse.

Ask a Question