IE 8 website icons

Reaction score
Hope I'm writing this in the correct section.

It's nothing that's causign me problems just a small annoyance with my computer at home and Internet Explorer.

You know when you visit a website and up near the URL there's a small icon just before the "http" well the icons seem to be all muddled up on my computer. For example if I visit ebay, it should come up with a small yellow ebay symbol, but will instead have the symbol of another website I've visited (for exmaple the Google icon, or may be the icon of this forum - the small Windows symbol)

It also displys the wrong symbol in the tabs of the websites I have open too?

Any idea's what's wrong?
Or should I just upgrade to IE9?

Thanks for the help

Reaction score
It also displys the wrong symbol in the tabs of the websites I have open too?

Any idea's what's wrong?
You should be able to fix this by reseting IE to factory defaults. I think there is a simpler way but in my experience with problems such as this, a quick reset and move on is sometimes best.

Look for the "Advanced" tab under "Internet Options". If you don't see the "Menu Bar", press the "Alt key" for a temporary viewing of the bar.

Or should I just upgrade to IE9?
Everyone at some point in time will eventually upgrade. The question is when everyone will decide to make the jump. It's not a requirement but it is recommended that one stays current with the times.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
From my limited negative experience with IE8, and limited positive experience with IE9, I'd suggest that you upgrade. IE9 is by far a more superior browser, you will reclaim a lot of your valuable screen space, and by all accounts that I've read, IE9 is a very secure browser.

Like any other new browser, it'll take some getting used to, but I feel that if you like IE, you'll love IE9.

Cat

Ask a Question