IE 10 Installation woes

Reaction score
Hello there,

Having trouble updating to IE 10. I am running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional. When trying to install IE 10 through windows update, I get "Code 9C59: Windows Update encountered an unknown error"

When trying to install it manually, it says "Internet Explorer did not finish installing" and directs me to a link that then refuses to open (simply states "Setup could not launch http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=272316")

I've ran SFC/ NOW prior to installation and it reports that there are no corrupted files etc. A bit at a loss of what to try next. I use Mozilla most of the time so it's no great loss, but it's concerning that it's unable to install. Implies there is something not quite right with my system.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I tried Fix-It for Windows Update, and there isn't a suitable Fix-It for IE (not for the problem I have, it just redirects you back to that link again)

Still won't install. Any more suggestions?

Ask a Question