icons change

Reaction score
About 3 days ago my desktop icons would no longer remain in place after rebooting.
I have been searching for solutions, I have unchecked auto arrange, i have unchecked let personalized desktop arrange your icons. I noted that this sometimes happens when there has been a crash ( I have had such an event). There is also suggestions to delete something in the registry. Everything I tried had no effect. (Didn't try the registry deletion though). I am sure there is some simple fix but it eludes me. I've even thought of third party programs for a solution but I'd rather not at this point.
I have searched the data base here as well as elsewhere.
Even items that are pinned to my taskbar dont show up. I did have some success when I did a restart and the icon stayed the same ( auto arrange and aligh to grid unchecked). Something I have tried before but when I did a shut down and rebooted this morning the icon reverted and the taskbar was empty.
Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Try a system restore to a restore point at least 4 days old & see if it resolves the problem.

Ask a Question