SOLVED Change taskbar icons

Reaction score
I am able to change the size of the icons in the taskbar but when I restart the PC they revert back to larger Icons, How can I make the change permeate?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Once you change the size and click apply that keep them that way permanently.

Did you right-click on the taskbar, Properties, and then choose "Small Icons" and then click "Apply"?

Reaction score
Yes, I right clicked on the taskbar and selected properties and checked the use small icons box.
When you logout and back in they stay small.
When I restart they go back to being big.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
They shouldn't be doing that, I'm not sure what is the reason for that.

Perhaps Yodap or TrainableMan may know.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Not off hand. Mine behave as I tell them to.

Are you using a specific theme or do you change themes often? Do you like your taskbar to auto hide or always on top?

Once in a while if I change themes my screen saver doesn't work as I had set it. That's the only aggravating thing I get sometimes.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
thutch007, this is marked solved - did you fix it?

In properties under taskbar tab is a "use small icons" and then under the start menu tab / Customize there is a "Use Large Icons" that you want to uncheck. And once you get back to the properties screen I always hit Apply and then hit OK (It shouldn't matter but I like to be sure. If it still reverts back let us know and I'll help you find the registry entry.

Ask a Question