Change where icons start on Desktop? Is that possible?

Reaction score
I have 2 monitors here at work and I normally use a Mac at home and really want to customize my desktop to make it so the new icons that appear on my desktop don't appear on the left side of the screen, but on the right. I can't find anything to make that possible. The way I am using my monitors, I want to have all my icons stay on the right side of the right monitor instead of always popping up on the left side of the right monitor. I attached my screen to here so you can see how I want this to stay

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Except for manually moving them to the right there is nothing in native W7.

I do not believe it will help when brand new icons are created but you might try >>THIS<< to remember where after you place the icons, if they seem to move around like when you turn on/off one monitor. It does not mention W7 and I never tried it myself but I found it mentioned in Microsoft Help forums for W7 so it might be worth a try; let us know your results if you do.

Reaction score
That didn't work even after restarting my computer. Also this doesn't seem to say anything about when new things come to the desktop. I download things to my desktop and not my downloads folder. If this were to work, does this work even for new icons that are added? That's my major problem with this

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
As I said "I do not believe it will help when brand new icons are created" so no it wouldn't help with that
... and to my knowledge there is no way, no program I ever heard of, to do that.

The tool I found was more a way to restore the position of icons you have told it to "remember", so not new ones, only ones you manually placed on the screen and then triggered it to store the chosen spot.

Ask a Question