I have problen to find product key windows 7

Reaction score
Hi,
I am computer technician in high school organization , I have some trouble with PC that its hard disk break out
and in this PC installed windows 7 enterprise . the hard disk has been bought but the problem is we have not the
serial of this windows . I have tried many software such as "jelly bean " it writes me " the product key not found "
Only you can help me and resolve me this hard problem , which software at all give me the Product key of this

Enterprise version ?

Thanks alot ...

Reaction score
Hello technician, welcome to windows 7 forums.
so you are saying that you HAVE a genuine working copy of windows that is activated and you need a copy of the key that was used to install it??

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Download S.I.W. (System Information for Windows) and run it.

Look for the key in the "Licenses" part on the left-side toward the top. Click on that and it will show which licenses or key are installed and for what programs, etc.

SIW Without Installer (English-Only) Standalone

Download from the above link and run it, it is a free-standing executable so it won't install to your system.

Reaction score
Thanks I have tried this but no Licence has been showed.Have another software ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Your old hard drive broke and you bought a new hard drive. You said you have the Enterprise version of Windows. Enterprise editions use MAK (Multiple Activation Key). So all the keys are the same on all your computers. Use SIW on another computer within your organization to read its' key. Then use that key with the fresh install of the W7 Enterprise edition on the computer with the new hard drive. Then use your KMS server to activate.

Reaction score
I have tried SIW in other PC with windows 7 enterprise edition and I press license and no license has showned , why ?

thanks .

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing in the licenses section of SIW on a machine that is up and running fine? No windows product key?

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If there is no key listed, then I would suspect a hacked license.

Also, note that the freeware version of SIW is ONLY for "non-commercial personal use". As can be seen in the SIW License Agreement (my bold added), "Use on single or multiple PCs in a corporate, educational, non-profit, military or government installation is prohibited." Since the OP has stated he works for the school and is working on school property, this site must not be recommending the free version, and either the OP or the school needs to buy a "Technician's" or "Business" license.

Reaction score
but I have heard that ENTERPRISE version doesn't located the Product key in register , namely , we can't recover the product key with any software , is it right ? or have surprisely solution .

Thankjs

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
There are many programs that will locate and list your product key. But the ones I know are for home, personal use only. Sorry.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
but I have heard that ENTERPRISE version doesn't located the Product key in register , namely , we can't recover the product key with any software , is it right ?
I suppose that's possible but someone in the organization must have the information. They may even maintain a slipstreamed version to install on all the machines. Either way there is no more help we have to offer and I'm afraid you will need to look internally at your organization.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I ran Enterprise (x64) once. The software is pre-activated, all that you need to do is boot from your DVD, and you're good to go, after the usual updating. I don't understand the big deal about this. I personally know of a couple of users who accepted MS's offer to "try out" Enterprise, it was extended until the last day of this year (12/31/2010).

Pull out your disc, boot it, and you should be good to go.

We do not, in any circumstances, provide keys on this site, but there are plenty of freeware programs to "find" it for you.

Best of Luck,
Cat

Reaction score
I suspect that he or the 'organization' he supposedly works for has downloaded it and it didn't have a key with it and he's trying to get one instead of purchasing a genuine copy!
He's most likely a member of several forums, trying to get hold of a key without success thank god!

Reaction score
I suspect that he or the 'organization' he supposedly works for has downloaded it and it didn't have a key with it and he's trying to get one instead of purchasing a genuine copy!
He's most likely a member of several forums, trying to get hold of a key without success thank god!
Agreed! This is no different than someone trying to solicit a free copy of windows...although this is one of the better attempts.

Ask a Question