How to Mount an ISO File - Discussion

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Great article Ian, and Virtual Clone Drive (yes its retail - and worth it) is good software :), i do like the easy burn (ISO) in Windows 7 very handy as is Ian's article.

Thanks Ian :top:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great article Ian, and Virtual Clone Drive (yes its retail - and worth it) is good software :), i do like the easy burn (ISO) in Windows 7 very handy as is Ian's article.

Thanks Ian :top:
Glad you like it Veedaz :) The Virtual Clone Drive software (standalone) is currently freeware, but the more advanced CloneDVD/AnyDVD software is retail.

My current preference is VCD as it's quite unintrusive and works well. A great little utility :D

Reaction score
Excellent stuff. I was hunting for such software to mount ISO's only yesterday and just spotted this article. Many thanks Ian

Reaction score
I've been using MagicDisc for years. Great program. :)

Reaction score
What's the difference between this and a virtual machine?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What's the difference between this and a virtual machine?
Mounting an image file will allow you to access the data as if it was a drive on your PC. An ISO file is a single file that contains an "image" of a disk (all of the information on it), but it isn't readable without mounting it or using an extraction tool.

A virtual machine is exactly what is sounds like, a virtual computer that you can use (very handy!). This may also mount ISOs, as you may need to use a Windows 7 install DVD to get the virtual machine installed. As it doesn't have a physical drive connected to the virtual machine, it can either use the one seen in your main OS (as a pass-through) or you can mount an image file.

Reaction score
Does virtual clone drive use stpd.sys file.TrinableMan said that Magic ISO and deamon tools use it,I'm having a littlt BSODs with stpd.sys

Ask a Question