How to Install Intel INF Drivers - Discussion

Reaction score
It is a nice article, I however use a paid version of the following, to check and update my drivers. You can use a free version but the free version will only allow for one update at a time for download and install whereas the paid version will download and install all updates at one time. I scan my machine weekly. When I first got the program most of my Intel ICHXXX drivers were outdated along with a scanner and couple of others. My MB maker had not updated a number of the Intel chip drivers there latest drivers were 2009 for a W7 64 bit Machine. This program brought everything up todate for me with no problems, I also ran it on my backup Machine with Vista on it and brought that up todate
http://www.driverupdate.net/support.php

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
SuperSarge - Did you verify that all the drivers in the tree were up-to-date? Even those fancy paid-for Driver Update programs don't do the job correctly.

Reaction score
As best I can tell found this in the system32\file repository\intelioh.inf_amd_neutral_d7b4c9a8d98cf407
Filename: IntelIOH.INF
; ** Abstract: Windows* 2000, XP, 2003, Vista INF File for IOH
; **
; ** Last Update: February 08, 2010 (Version 9.1.1 Build 1026)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
DriverUpdate programs are only as accurate as their last update and can often make incorrect assumptions as to your hardware which can cause incorrect drivers to be installed and cause system problems, even prevent proper boot.

If you use such a program, I encourage you to only do one update at a time anyway, taking a restore point before and rebooting after each update. If something goes wrong it's much easier to restore that way.

Reaction score
That maybe true but all my updates went fine everything is now running fine. I know what you are saying I just ran a couple of scans with some other programs yesterday. One said I had 6 or 7 updates that were required another said I had 3. My current one called Driver Update says I am up to date the drivers on this program were updated April 2011

Last edited:

Ask a Question