SOLVED How to enable SLI

Reaction score
I just connected up with an SLI cable and cannot seem to get the pop up. check out my system specs and can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?
My motherboard is..... Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68M-D2H (Socket 1155)
Graphics.....ASUS MS202 ((e-mail address removed))
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)
ForceWare version: 326.19
SLI Disabled

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There was an error message in older NVidia drivers that would say something to the effect that a second card was not detected so SLI was disabled but that was supposed to be fixed, so make sure you have the latest drivers.

Are you sure it is installed properly and the SLI bridge cable is connected between the two cards inside your computer? Also make sure you enable SLI through the NVidia software.

Reaction score
Hello again Train, I have connected the bridge cable no problem. The problem I have is I have no choice to enable SLI on my NVidia control panel. On the control panel under the 3D setting my third option is "Enable PhysX configuration" not "Set SLI configuration" and as for the pop up IE "Bubble" NVidia tells me I should get a pop up bubble on the bottom right hand of my screen giving me the option to go to NVidia control panel and enable SLI. I am using NVidia GeForce Experience to run me through all of this but I am still at a loss. I believe it may have something to do with my "Gigabyte Z68M-D2H (Socket 1155)" Motherboard?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
  1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
    * For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
  2. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
The second slot with ex4 will cost you some performance (probably around 5%) but SLI should still be possible.

Have you checked at AMD to make sure you have the latest drivers?

Reaction score
Hmm not sure what the go is there, I don't use any AMD products I don't think. I just cannot get the SLI option no matter what I try. It may be something to do with my BIOS?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Sorry ATI is AMD, yoda's correct, get latest NVidia drivers at his link.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have 320.49WHQL and the info for this driver is as below

GeForce R320 Game Ready Driver

Version:

320.49 WHQL

Release Date:

Operating System:

Windows 8 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

Language:

English (U.S.)

File Size:

177 MB
As you can see it is inclusive of Windows 7 64-bit.

I am not convinced it has anything to do with my drivers. I do appreciate both of your suggestions however.
I have heard it may have something to do with my BIOS and would greatly appreciate any suggestions there. Thank s again folks.
Ok new findings ......could it be Integrated Graphics or DTMV in BIOS?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Your integrated graphics (the video built-in to the MOBO) is automatically disabled as soon as you plug in a separate video card.

What is DTMV?

I highly doubt it has anything to do with your BIOS, SLI is a feature of the video cards and the MOBO would have no idea you would add NVidia video cards. But take some snapshots of your BIOS settings with a camera and then upload & attach them to a post.

Reaction score
Thankyou for the help Train and Yodap. I have been moving house, so sorry for the late reply. It was my Mother Board it was not SLI ready. Got a new M/B all sorted and working nicely thankyou again.

Ask a Question