How to downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7?

Reaction score
Hello guys. This is my first post here!

So, I would really like to get windows 7 professional or home premium as my OS as opposed to my current OS of windows 10.

is there anyway to install windows 7 in 2020? I’d really love to able to do this.

Thanks for reading. Hope to see a reply

Reaction score
Before we start i need to know if your computer supports legacy boot.
If you dont know then here is how to find out :
Rebbot your computer holding the f2 key this should open the uefi firmware settings.Use the arrow keys to navigate over to the boot section then scroll down to the option that says UEFI. Press enter. If this brings up a menu were you can select between UEFI and LEGACY SUPPORT(Or bios and windows 8 mode witch they can also be called ) then it does. Also make shure not to select anything an power off the laptop with the power button

Reaction score
Now when the files are downloaded you need a usb drive or an sd card that is 4gb or larger. insert the usb into your computer and run the exe file provided in the last message.Now click on the device tab and select your usb/sd card.Then click on the boot selection tab and select the second file from the last messege.Then select ihe partition sheme as mbr and the target system as bios. Select the file system as ntfs and leve the cluser sise as it was

Reaction score
now extract the first file and run the .exe wich is within
select your usb and tick all 3 check boxes then click start
after its finished go to your usb create an new folder(you can name it whatever you want) and paste the 2 other files there

Reaction score
Before this you need to realise somthing : You are about to wipe your entire hard disk and install a new os. Mke shure that all your important files are backed up.And please note that if you brake your computer in the prosses than that is fully your responcibility

Reaction score
Reboot your computer holding the f2 key. Boot up the uefi firmware settings and navigate to the option from the first messeg. select it and eexit saving changes. now rebbot your computer holding the f12 key. this should brng up the boot menu. Select your usb and press enter.
this will launch the windows 7 installation prosses . now hold the shift and f10 keys at the same time. This will launch a command prompt
Type in DISKPART
Then type in list disk
Then type in sel disk 0
Then type clean (this will wipe your entire hard disk and install a new os. Mke shure that all your important files are backed up .And please note that if you brake your computer in the prosses than that is fully your responcibility )
then type sel disk 0
then type convert mbr
after that close the command prompt and finish the instalation

Reaction score
After windows 7 is installed you may notice things such as streched screen resolution and the fact that the internet isnt working.
to fix this go to your usb and copy the files from the folder that you have created to the desktop. run the first file and then run the .exe wich it extracted on the desctop. This will fix the internet. Now extrect the second file and run the .exe wich has a x64 at the end.Download the indexes then the drivers. This will fix the screen resolution. now reboot and you are done!
Post script.
Sorry for the spelling mistakes i was typing this on a phone

Ask a Question