Downgrade Windows 7

Reaction score
hi, i have a windows 7 home edition 64bit can i downgrade it into windows 7 32bit ultimate edition? if so how? and can a 64bit processor will run on 32 bit? tnx in advance...

Ad

Advertisements

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
You can't go from 64-bit to 32-bit without clean install. In other words, installing the 32-bit system over the existing 64-bit and replacing it entirely (=reformat) is necessary. Take backups of files before proceeding. You'll need a full retail copy of Win7 Ultimate x86, and not an "upgrade" disc.

A 64-bit processor will run a 32-bit Windows 7 just fine, but not vice versa.

Ad

Advertisements

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll need a full retail copy of Win7 Ultimate x86, and not an "upgrade" disc.
Core - I beg to differ with you, it is possible to do a clean install with an Upgrade disc! Paul Thurrott's SuperWinSite has a tutorial on how to do it and I posted it on this forum.

A lot of users are just using the upgrade discs and then doing clean installs and the product key is accepted with no problems at all. I know, because I have done this for friends' on their computers with their upgrade copies they bought. They usually just had to bribe me with dinner.

Ask a Question