How to change library items paths

Reaction score
Hi
I have few folders in a library and they point to the path that does no longer exist. I'd like to change the for the correct path. I know i can delete them and and them again from correct location but i wondered if there is a way of editing this items. I tried to dig through the registry but no luck. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi fucpl - Welcome to w7forums

Right click on the item under Libraries and select properties.
View the locations tab and change the location of the library item from there.

Reaction score
thanx for a quick reply. this was the first thing i did but although you can see the path there's no way of changing it.

Reaction score
Have you tried adding and removing libraries under the main categories(music,pictures,etc..)?

Reaction score
I have few other folders in main cat. and they also have wrong paths which i can't change. R-click shows the path but won't let me change anything. I'm starting to wonder whether it has something to do with user account permissions. Are you able to change paths on your system?

Reaction score
If you right click on Cubase Projects, do you have the option to "Remove" or "Include a folder"?

You may not have the option to change locations, but you should be able to add the locations you want and remove the locations you don't want.

Reaction score
yes i can do that, but my point was to alter the existing path instead of delete and include new location. I'm sure there must be a registry record where these paths are stored

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No I do not have a way to alter the path and I'm pretty sure it's not maintained in the registry, but I'm thinking even if you have included 20 folders in your library that it would still have been faster to delete them and add the correct ones than it was to type up this thread and attach a snapshot.

Reaction score
Libraries is a collection of locations. It's a way for anyone to group all their media folders under one location. Adding or removing these locations from the library is the only way I see this being done.

It's a location not a library name with a location. If it was a library name with a location, I might see being able to change the location of the library name.

Reaction score
OK! Now i understand it...i guess you've right. BIG Thanx for clearing it up cause otherwise i would spend a week on investigating the subject.:)

Ask a Question