SOLVED How to add batch file into Windows 7 task scheduler?

Reaction score
I have problem when running batch file from Windows 7 task scheduler,

I opened 2 windows of explorer, 1st explorer window: D:\Destination and 2nd explorer window: D:\Target. In D:\Target folder, there is a file will be copied automatically into D:\Destination folder. In D:\Destination folder, there is a batch file in which if the batch file is opened or double clicked then the file in D:\Target folder will be copied automatically into D:\Destination folder.

BUT... the batch file is not work good if the batch is run from Windows 7 task scheduler, when I added the batch file to Windows 7 task scheduler, and when I tried to run the batch file, the batch file failed to copy file in D:\Target folder into D:\Destination folder automatically :(. Why that?

As while, if I added the batch file to Windows XP Schedule Task, it worked like expected :D, but not like that in Windows 7 Task Scheduler :confused:.

Please help me... How the correct way to add batch file (like: automatic-copy batch file) to Windows 7 task sheduler so that when I try to run the batch file, file in D:\Target folder can be copied into D:\Destination folder automatically?

I have practiced it before, and uploaded the video on YouTube, its link below:

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]k7k5viuSkfQ[/MEDIA] to add batch file into windows 7 task scheduler - YouTube[/ame]

Did I do mistake? Please help me...

thank you so much... : )

contact information:

name: Ridho Andika Putra
email: (e-mail address removed)
facebook: facebook.com/ridho.andika.putra

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From what I can find searching your problem it is likely a permissions issue. XP did not have the security that W7 does, so your script has to run with an administrator user logon.

Also, when you create the task, make sure you specify the "start in" folder where your batch file is located.

Source: Microsoft forums

Reaction score
Thanks Mr TrainableMan

I'm very sure, i'm very convince I was log on via An Administrator user, and my batch file is located at Destination folder where I will place the target file...

any solution please...?

Reaction score
On my respond this time, I want to say special thanks to someone at w7forums.com who used username: TrainableMan. A certain satisfaction for me my question was answered at an international forum like this.
Now I can run bat/batch file from Windows 7 Scheduler automatically, i thought the key is: logon with Administrator and when we create task, type batch file folder address / folder location at “Start in (optional):”
Brother TrainableMan added my name on his tutorial screen image, hehehe.... :D :D : )
https://www.w7forums.com/attachment...-file-into-windows-7-task-scheduler-ridho.jpg

When I saw answer from this forum, I practice it immediately.
The following youtube video link is my video when i practiced to run batch file (especially: automatic-copy.bat) from Windows 7 task scheduler:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]8s1KL7H2dUw[/MEDIA]"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s1KL7H2dUw[/ame]

Please check it out...

Thanks so much Brother TrainableMan... : )

Best regard
Ridho Andika Putra

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You are welcome. I am glad it worked.

Ask a Question