How did you find this site?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been trying to get this site to appear in google for the term "Windows 7 Forums", but it is nowhere to be seen so far. Hopefully it will start to rank for it soon though!

Anyway... I was wondering how you guys found the site in the first place? Was it through search engines, blogs, facebook - or just a lucky guess ;)

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't remember, lol. I believe I was looking for Windows 7 Forum of Live.com and it showed up...I think that's what happened.

Reaction score
Googled for Windows 7 information and arrived here through a blog link I think (can't remember which one though).

It's looking more lively here now so perhaps search engines will put the site higher up because of that. I'll add a link from my clan profile page too.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, it's good to know that we're starting to appear in search engines for Windows 7 related terms :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We're now ranking for those terms in Google, woohoo :D Hopefully that will get some more members in.

Reaction score
I found a link to this site from the vBulletin forums article mod thread, and decided to join in.

Nice site you have going here!

Reaction score
Googled on how to download Windows 7 Beta and ended up here. Looks like there is a good group here already and the software isn't even out yet.

Reaction score
I don't remember... i was looking for information on 7 6801 and itunes...

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Googled Windows 7 Forum and it looked like a good site to be in :)

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
I googled for windows 7 forum and this was the first hit :cool:
Almost same as me, I was searching for some solutions to Windows 7 related errors in my friends PC (well he screwed the whole thing up at first :D). I hit Google and got up in here. :)

Reaction score
Looking for Windows7 / VirtualBox

I wanted to run Windows 7 in a SUN Virtualbox.
After googling (yes, it's a verb to me) I found an article by Ian on running Windows 7 in a Virtualbox. Turned out to be about installing. :) Spot on!

Up and running first go.

Next step was to create a 'Live CD', and no I have not done so yet.
THAT investigation brought me to here.

I've now browsed, pretty much, the whole forum.
So a BIG Hi to all you fellow enthusiasts and :ciao: for now.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for replying to this thread :) It's a big help so that I know where to focus my efforts to ensure we can continue to grow and attract new members to the community :D

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
I knew Windows 7 was a beta OS, so I decided I needed support and upon installing and getting an internet connection, I googled "windows 7 forums" and this was the third hit. Now, let me tell you, the reason I clicked this one and not the first one is because of the description. It said, "This is a Windows 7 forum, dedicated to friendly discussion of the new Microsoft Operating System." The word "friendly" stood out to me and for some reason, I felt like it was telling the truth. I was right :).

Reaction score
I found the forum via - yahoo answers.
i had a problem with w7 and a person sent me a link to w7forums.com, and he said the people on there are really helpful and will try to eliminate the problem and blow me down they did.
cheers w7forums.com

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know guys! It looks like we've got a good mix of methods for arriving on this site, but primarily Google :)

Ask a Question