Homegroup Libraries won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi! I'm having trouble sharing my files between two Windows 7 computers, one 32-bit and one 64-bit but both build 7100. I've got the comps connected in a LAN with a Linksys WRT54G ver. 6 router (updated firmware).

The two comps are in the same Homegroup, with the network discovery, file sharing, etc. turned on and password protection turned off. I can see the homegroup libraries of one computer from the other (i.e. the 32-bit homegroup/libraries is visible from the explorer window of the 64-bit comp).

However, I cannot open any of the library folders. I double-click but it does nothing.

As a test, I shared a random folder (Contacts) on the homegroup. The folder is visible from the other comp, but when I try to access it Windows gives the error "The network path was no found (error code 0x80070035)". Diagnosing the problem does nothing.

The same error appears when I try accessing the other comp from the Network explorer. I tried using user accounts and passwords to connect instead of using the homegroup, but the network error also appears.

Any help?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have a software firewall running on your PC and if so can you try temporarily disabling it?

If that's not the problem then I'd try uninstalling your network adaptor drive on both PCs and let Windows re-detect and set up the network protocols again. This make sure things like NetBIOS are correctly setup on both machines.

Reaction score
Solution

I had this problem for quite a while. I actually took the time to sit down and figure it out since I am a systems administrator, but I have grown accustom to using google to find solutions to my answers.

1. disabled my Microsoft Security essentials. That was not the problem
2. deleted spyware and any other crapware that I found. That was also not the problem.
3. Right click your network adapter (Wireless Network Adapter or Local Area Connection) >> Properties >> Checkmark on File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks. (That was the SOLUTION for me)

Hi! I'm having trouble sharing my files between two Windows 7 computers, one 32-bit and one 64-bit but both build 7100. I've got the comps connected in a LAN with a Linksys WRT54G ver. 6 router (updated firmware).

The two comps are in the same Homegroup, with the network discovery, file sharing, etc. turned on and password protection turned off. I can see the homegroup libraries of one computer from the other (i.e. the 32-bit homegroup/libraries is visible from the explorer window of the 64-bit comp).

However, I cannot open any of the library folders. I double-click but it does nothing.

As a test, I shared a random folder (Contacts) on the homegroup. The folder is visible from the other comp, but when I try to access it Windows gives the error "The network path was no found (error code 0x80070035)". Diagnosing the problem does nothing.

The same error appears when I try accessing the other comp from the Network explorer. I tried using user accounts and passwords to connect instead of using the homegroup, but the network error also appears.

Any help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question