SOLVED Help with Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Reaction score
Ok so I'm just trying to get all my games on my new OS and Supreme Commander is giving me trouble maybe you guys can assist?

After doing a clean install of the game when I try to patch it I get the following error.......

MODIFY 'Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata\env.scd'
Error: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
found. No update done since file contents do not match.
env.scd file byte count 1355035520
env.scd file md5 hash 748d33fc5c0b7745c03eda40a87b3fda
----- Patch File Processing Aborted -----

I originally had this problem with the original Supreme Commander on W7 and did the following steps...

1. Uninstall Game
2. Remove all Supreme commander related files in Explorer
3. Cleaned Registry of all related entries

After these steps I reinstalled the game and patched it manually with a downloaded .exe as a administrator (the game normally patches through their multiplayer client called GPGnet)

Original Supreme Commander patched fine with the above steps and is working perfect now.

I am having trouble with the expansion Forged Alliance I tried these steps multiple times and it is still showing the same error.

I never had this problem on XP and maybe you guys can find some good info on the problem if not elt me know and I will try and talk to the Dev. Support

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the research man but I got it figured out...

I just tried the same steps over and over and it eventually worked.....weird:confused:

Ask a Question