Help with SSD Install

Reaction score
I have a new build with a 64g ssd for windows 7, two 90g ssds in Raid 0 for programs and a 2T hard drive for data and backup. I installed Win7 on the 64G and tried to put everything else on the raid0. It seems like the "program file" Program files(86), User files and program data files must reside on the same disk as the os. Now the 64 is about full. I tried to move the above files to the Raid0 but they will not move completely. There seem to be many programs that insist on residing on the disk with the OS on it. I am ready to just format everything and do a clean install on Windows 7 on the Raid0 so I have more room. What am I doing wrong? Can the program, program data and user files reside on a disk other than the C: drive with the OS on it?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes, the drive and folder for "Program Files" can be changed in the registry, as can "User" but these things should be done right after a fresh install or risk having bad folder references in the registry & program .ini files etc.

I've never done this myself but see how HERE

Ask a Question