Help with rly old PC

Reaction score
Here are my specs

Intel pentium Dual core @ 2.5ghz
3gb Ram ddr2
Radeon X1300 Pro
250gb harddisk

Actually i use windows xp 32bit

I play games very fine at 60fps like, Devil may cry 4, Prince of persia 2008, Warhammer 40k etc...

if i install windows 7 the games will run better?
or at least at the same fps?
And will be better with windows 7 64bit version?
if windows 7 is better, wich version should i use? home premium, ultimate?

thanks...

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi felipevfs and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

First the best idea is to run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor from Microsoft, it will tell you if you need to upgrade any of your hardware and what Windows 7 you can run. Note: you may need to change the page from UK to US (top right)

Link > http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Veedaz is right.
In general, I have noticed computers have better performance after an upgrade to Windows 7.

Seeing your specs, I suppose 64bit might be better. Though, you'll have to check if the games will work.

Best way to know what to do is, as Veedaz suggested, to run the Upgrade Advisor.

For the actual version, it depends ofvwhat features you want, so you'll want to have a look on the Microsoft website.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Not ALL games are working as well with Windows 7 at the moment. There has been some issues, but MS is working to get them resolved.

Run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and see what it says, especially with the games already installed on your existing system.

Home Premium should be good enough for you, the vast majority of Windows 7 users have Home Premium.

Reaction score
ty guys, i will run the upgrade advisor, and i will buy an 9400gt, x1300 pro is a rly old video card.

Reaction score
64 bit manages your memory better so your gaming experience might improve as well.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Felipevfs, if you are only interested about Windows Seven for games, I suggest you stay with Windows Experience (XP). XP is still good for games, and it seems that it will continue to be for many years.
Maybe, or maybe not.
Windows 7 handles computers components much beter than XP, which is a big plus when playing high resolution games. You can "feel" the power of the computer much more in Windows 7. I know this by experience.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Looks like the OP has flown the coop! Don't you just love it when people come here looking for advice and help and then never come back after 2 posts?

Oh bien, tel est la vie !

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah yes... How charming. Shows their appreciation of the forums.

Niburu, I'd rather say:
"Tel est leur vie"

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Reaction score
all i know is depending on WHAT windows 7 you get is whether or not its worth the gaming on. professional and up seem to be the best for that atm. (ive got ultimate x64 bit)
because professional and up have the means for xp compatability.. and it really does work alright
ive no complaints :)

Ask a Question