Help with Networking 3 PC's

Reaction score
Just purchased a 3 pack of Win7 to network 3 PC,s on my Verizon home network. My wife's PC already has Win7 64 bit, and I upgraded the other 2, one with 64 bit, the other 32 bit. Install went well.

PC names are TVPC, Mickey-PC and dons-PC, dons-PC is where I want to set up the homegroup as it as the printers attached. Have paid close attention to names and set all equal time/date on the 3 PC's

Have tried repeatedly to set up the homegroup on 1 PC, dons-PC, gotten the password, went to the other PC's and they will not display "join homegroup", rather, they display "create homegroup".

Have gone thru all the "share with" pull downs, to share with "everyone". Tried "leaving homegroup" and re-starting, shut down Win firewall, with no luck. No matter, I still get "create homegroup" on the other 2 PC,s.

Have viewed most, if not all video's, on Win web site and Help as well. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Don

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Are you using an antivirus solution of any kind?

Reaction score
Yes, free versions of AVG antivirus on all pc's.
:eek::eek::eek:

I hope AVG is allot better now than they were nearly 2 years ago. Installed AVG and after two days of a very sluggish Windows 7, I quickly came to a conclusion to remove AVG. I don't know if AVG would be your issue with networking the 3 PC's or not but if you are experiencing a slow PC, you might consider a different Anti-virus solution.

You might want to check and make sure "Network Discovery" is set to "Turned on network discovery" on all three PC's. The PC's need to see the available Homegroup's before they will ask you if you want to join a Homegroup.

P.S. - I've heard AVG has also been related to causing BSOD's. This is another topic to keep in mind about AVG.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
You could try removing AVG; there was a thread somewhere about AVG causing PCs not being able to join existing homegroups.

Ask a Question