Help with DVD+=RW device

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently installed Win 7 64 bit OS and all seemed fine initially. I successfully installed some additional software off the DVD device but my computer and no longer recognizes my DVD device.

I downloaded then uninstalled a bunch of the newly downloaded media .exe files (Sonic, JetAudio, etc.) in case it was a conflict problem but still not resolved. Currently, when I put a CD or DVD in the drive it spins up and lights flash but then just stops.

I tried I tried downloading software from MS Academic Alliance (which uses Roxio) and was prompted to install and register my copy of Roxio. I then got message that my DVD device was disabled. I tried looking in the Control Panel but don't know how to Re-Enable the device. I did get a message that "Windows has determined that the driver software for your device is up to date" so I'm thinking it's just a matter of turning the switch back on to enable the device? My DVD device is a: TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device. Also, I got a message when the device manager tried to fix the detected problem that my DVD device was not working properly:

A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

It also seems since upgrading to Win 7 64 bit, I no longer have the Base System Device drivers?

pls. help. :-(

Last edited:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hi ddub and Welcome to The Forum.

First I'd go into Device Manager and uninstall the DVD player, then re-boot. Windows should then "find" the new hardware. Then:

I know of some TSST drives that had firmware issues with 7, I'd check you have the latest firmware for your player. I discovered this after I'd placed an order for a Samsung dvd player which, luckily, was OK, but still had a firmware update. http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/firmware/fwdownload/fwdownload.asp

Here's a link to a "Live Update" program from TSST in case you want to try that out. http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/firmware/faq/faq.asp

Attached is a "WinInquiry tool" that will show your current firmware, model number etc.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would definitely give Elmer's suggestion a whirl.

And if you still have problems >>here<< are some other ideas.

Ask a Question