[help] wireless error

Reaction score
hello..
i've laptop zyrex cruiser 4633 with os win7 ultimate.

my wireless already active, but im can't connect any connection,. (connection are available)

please help me..

*im sorry if this thread wrong section ^^

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
For a start.
I don't think it is neccesarily a driver problem.
Have you tried clicking the internet icon (on the far right of the rask bar, in the notification area) and seeing what connections are available?
If you can see your connection, click it and try "connect". Also mark the square "connect automatically."
If none of this is available, post back and someone here will take it from there.

Reaction score
i've already click the icon for active wireless.. the led on.
on taskbar im get wireless connection available, but im can't find any1 connection.

Reaction score
have you tried ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew from command prompt?

you can also check your ipconfig /all for the APIPA address.

disable and then enabling the wireless adapter in through Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.

have you changed the wireless password, ssid or encryption type (WEP, WPA)?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I suppose you have tried working through the "Network and Sharing Centre " and setting up a new wireless network?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The issue may very well be your wireless router settings. Just because you can see the signal doesn't mean it will let you use it. You have to have the right encryption method & password. Plus if your wireless router was set up with mac addressing then it must be modified to include the mac address of your zyrex cruiser 4633.

If you actually show as connected but cannot get anything on the browser or send/receive files then it may be your firewall is set wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
have you tried ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew from command prompt?

you can also check your ipconfig /all for the APIPA address.

disable and then enabling the wireless adapter in through Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.

have you changed the wireless password, ssid or encryption type (WEP, WPA)?
im run ipconfig/release
then comeout error.. (cause i dont have any IP)

what funtion of IPCONFIG bro?
I suppose you have tried working through the "Network and sharinf Centre " and setting up a new wireless network?
im already set new wireless connection, succesfully added. but nothing happen if im open network & share center.

The issue may very well be your wireless router settings. Just because you can see the signal doesn't mean it will let you use it. You have to have the right encryption method & password. Plus if your wireless router was set up with mac addressing then it must be modified to include the mac address of your zyrex cruiser 4633.

If you actually show as connected but cannot get anything on the browser or send/receive files then it may be your firewall is set wrong.
my friend can join the wireless bro...

*sorry, my english is bad :(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you using Windows Firewall or a different firewall software on your zyrex?

What Anti-virus software do you use (because it may have replaced Windows Firewall)?

Reaction score
Are you using Windows Firewall or a different firewall software on your zyrex?

What Anti-virus software do you use (because it may have replaced Windows Firewall)?
im use only windows firewall and status is active, im use smadav anti-virus.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What is the name or SSID that your wireless router is broadcasting?

Have you tried connection to that SSID name?

Have you tried resetting the router back to it's factory default settings?

Does the router have it's security settings enabled and do you know the password for that setting?

Ask a Question