HELP ME PLX!! Gateway M-series

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site. I tried a few days now looking at forums to try to fix my installation of Win7 ultimate. So I've done about 99% of everything everyone has suggested and still no luck. When i first made attempts to load it got as far as 16%. I did the whole diskpart thing to clean my HDD. Now I don't have a OS, I mean I still got BIOS and Boot. So I also disabled usb and floppy from BIOS and now it wont go past 0%. I think i ruined my laptop pretty bad could someone help me please. (oh yea I even tried taking 1 stick of RAM and still nothing) Also without a OS, my laptop wont read from Western external HDD. :dontknow:. Thanks for any replies

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
16% of what?

Reset BIOS settings to factory defaults and use your Windows 7 DVD to reformat the drive and reinstall Windows 7.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
fiky206 - Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website!

What brand and model of laptop do you have? Be sure to set your DVD drive as the "First Boot Device" in your BIOS and then put in the install DVD and reboot the laptop and see what happens.

Be sure to use the latest drivers and software from the laptop maker's website after the install is complete.

Reaction score
Are you sure the CD is an original and is not scratched or is dirty? Try running it under hot water and drying it with a glasses cleaner cloth or a very soft rag or t-shirt. My son always scratches his xbox games and this does the trick unless it is completely scratched.

Ask a Question