Help: Any vmware player expert here?

Reaction score
The story is like this.

My 64-bit win7 hosted a virtual system (ubuntu) by vmware player successfully for several months. This morning, I found I could not launch my vmware player. With some investigation, I found that it is due to the failure of the service called "VMware USB Arbitration Service", and I believe a driver installed recently should be responsible for the failure. However, after I uninstall the driver, the service failure remains. Has anyone encountered with this situation before? Any workaround for it?

Besides, if it turned out to be no workaround at the moment, I would try to reinstall the vmware player. Does anyone know how to keep my ubuntu still working after the reinstallation?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Reaction score
Just uninstall VMWare and then reinstall it. Your VMWare images will remain on your hard drive, ready and waiting for you to import and pick up right where you left off.

Reaction score
Just uninstall VMWare and then reinstall it. Your VMWare images will remain on your hard drive, ready and waiting for you to import and pick up right where you left off.
Thank you. I tried reinstall it. But I still cannot launch it after the reinstall. The service I mentioned still cannot be started. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
The story is like this.

My 64-bit win7 hosted a virtual system (ubuntu) by vmware player successfully for several months. This morning, I found I could not launch my vmware player. With some investigation, I found that it is due to the failure of the service called "VMware USB Arbitration Service", and I believe a driver installed recently should be responsible for the failure. However, after I uninstall the driver, the service failure remains. Has anyone encountered with this situation before? Any workaround for it?

Besides, if it turned out to be no workaround at the moment, I would try to reinstall the vmware player. Does anyone know how to keep my ubuntu still working after the reinstallation?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

PS: The driver I installed is a PC Camera driver. And when i try to manually start the vmware relevant services. I got "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."

Reaction score
Another workaround for me is to host my current ubuntu on another windows machine. So can anyone show me how to migrate the ubuntu system? Can I just copy 1 or 1 set of image file(s), so that I can load it on another vmware player installed machine?

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I believe you can just copy the relevant files over and run it but I would do the copy and verify it works before deleting anything

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
VMware may give you an error message asking if you copied the virtual machine files and offer you the ability to finish "importing" them, so copying them over should still work fine.

Ask a Question