Headset is ''half working''.

Reaction score
This just happened earliger today, the sound in my headset is litterally halfed, as there is only comming sound out from 1 of the 2 ''ear wobbers'' - I am using a Turtle Beach X11 headset btw.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First guess, try a different headset and see if it has the same problem. If it doesn't have the same problem then most likely cause is a broken wire.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did it work and then suddenly stop or has it never worked? If it did work, what have you changed? Can you try a restore point prior to the problem?

Check the website and make sure you have the latest drivers.

Check the sound controls and see if there is a balance. If so try moving it all the way left and all the way right and see if it changes anything.

Reaction score
I litterally have tried everything.. Could it be connected to that I connected another screen earliger today, yet not using it full time? ( The new screen)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm sorry I did not understand your last post.

Connected to what screen? Are you referring to a website?

Are you saying it worked earlier today but it doesn't work all the time?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Do/did you connect the new monitor using a HDMI cable?

Reaction score
The headset and my laptop was all fine earliger, then I connected it to another screen, so I had 2 screens that I could be looking at, instead of just one. Could that have something to do with it?

@Core You could call it a smaller version of a HDMI cable.

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
What playback devices do you have in the Sound/Playback window?

I had a problem getting audio through my headset when I switched my monitor to an HDMI cable and installed the Radeon drivers WITH the HDMI Audio driver. From that point on it kept forcing the HDMI Audio as a default device, regardless of how many times I switched to USB Audio/Headset. I ended up removing the Radeon drivers, re-installing without the HDMI Audio drivers, and re-installing the proprietary (non-Windows-issued) drivers for the audio chipset. Then again my monitor didn't have built-in speakers, so I wasn't going to miss out on any HQ audio.

Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean by what sound/playback window I have. The diffrent things on my laptop connected with voice and sound - the pannel where I can go edit those settings?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
If memory serves you can left-click on the volume icon in the taskbar and there ought to be a "playback devices" or sound options or similar.

Reaction score
Mkay, I've got ;

Recording

Realtek HD Audip Microphone,
Stereomix,
Screaming Bee Audio (Microphone).

Playing.

Realtek HDMI Output (Not connected).
Speakers Realtek HD Audio,

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Okay. Looks to me like you're missing your headset entirely from the playback devices. Do you have Realtek's own audio settings software running? It should install with the drivers when you download them from the Realtek website.

Just as an example, I've included two screenshots: the first one is of my playback devices. The second is of the audio panel installed along with the chipset drivers. My audio chipset is IDT and not Realtek, so your application would look slightly different, but you get the idea.

If you have the Realtek application, try to use it to enable the headset as a playback device. If you don't have the application, I recommend downloading the full package from Realtek.

Ps. It's been a while since I've had to mess with this stuff, so someone else may come along with a quicker and better idea, but this is what I'd start with.

Attachments

Reaction score
I tried re-downloading Realtek completely - I still dont have more than I had before in my pannel. What application are you talking about?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Realtek HD Audio Manager.

You can see it being used to configure speakers & headphones [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]hG8z-ou6rG0[/MEDIA]"]on this video clip[/ame].

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You'll find the Realtek HD Audio Manager in the Control Panel.

Ask a Question