Microphone on Headset not working

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a headset. (Logitech H150) The microphone didn't work for a few days, then I managed to fix it. After 1 day the microphone stopped working again.

I have been searching for days for a solution, so far I have:

-Checked the jacks and they are correct
-Checked the sound controls
-Restarted the laptop

The headset jack is not broken because whenever I plug the jack in the IDT Control Panel comes up

The sound control panel says that the microphone is plugged in but no sound bars come up on the side when I speak

The headphones on the headset work fine

The box says they included noise cancellation. I am afraid that the microphone is cancelling my voice (how would I fix that?)

I don't think the microphone is broken because when I first got them the microphone wasn't working and then it worked after a couple of days and then stopped again. The control panel and sound controls dont look any different from the day I first got them

How do I fix this problem?

Reaction score
Their is also only sound coming out of one side of the headset ( The one without the microphone on it)

Reaction score
Claire~

Just a couple things here.

Assuming I am looking at the correct device on the Logitec website.

It says that it has "in-line audio controls".

I've had a set of those(not that exact model) that had the "inline" controls and what I noticed is the mute for the microphone is EXTREMELY sensitive as well as the volume for the head set itself.

Sometimes all it took for either to not work correctly was to just barely jostle the darn control. Hence doing the same thing you are experincing.
Now mind you, this didn't happen directly out of the box it was actually after a few months of use. You don't mention how long "recently" happens to be. However, I would give those things a check. IF that is the case, and depending on the length of ownership, you CAN contact logitech and get a replacement. They will issue you an RMA for the unit. They will also send you a shipping label(prepaid by them) to return the unit.

However, I will say these things, you WILL be without the unit for about 2 weeks as well as the fact that you should keep track (via the email they send you to confirm the RMA that they are actually sending the CORRECT unit back. I had an issue once with my wireless headset, and they only sent the receiver back and not the unit. I contacted them and they DID fix the issue, but the unit return to me was delayed by about 5 days due to the mix up. Other wise its a fairly non complicated process.

If the product does not seem to be defective, check back in your volume controls and MAKE SURE the headset is set as the DEFAULT DEVICE (not default communications device) for both your recording and playback devices.

Just to be clear :) I do NOT work for Logitech in any fashion. I just have had various experiences with multiple Logitech devices. As a matter of fact my keyboard(wireless unified),web-cam, mouse(wireless unified) and 2 sets of headsets (wired and wireless) are all Logitech. So yeah in been "around the block" with quite a few instances with them :) More GOOD instances than bad.

Hope that helps.
Keep us posted :)
~LoneWolf

Ask a Question