Logitech Headset help please :(

Reaction score
I've been using windows 7 ultimate. and my system specs are.

p7p55d motherboard.. 4 gig ddr3 ram.. i7 860 @ 2.80 ( on 3.66ghz overclocked) .. HD5850
Logitech ClearSpeak Pro

and my problem is. that my computer recognizes my Headset as Speakers and not as headphones, which means i get not as good sound. i didnt have this problem back on windows xp but i also had different specs including motherboard... i don't have my front jacks plugged in. because i have very old case, and i dont no what to put them in, in the mobo. because the plugs names are different to what the manual for mobo says to put them in. so i ***** figure it out.. OK mainly is. my 5.1 surround sound speakers work great.. but when i want to game, i want to use my Headset.,. it doesnt change.. ive tried installed Realtek Audio manager and drivers. but they dont work they install and restart but nothing happens. so i use the VIA audio manager which i think my motherboard has to use.. but i cant figure out how to make computer think its headset and not speakers.. MY headset is. Logitech Clearspeak Pro. and ive also tried using my other Dicksmith Deluxe vibration headset. but no different... the sound isnt as good on my headset because computer thinks its just speakers. it says

Speakers
5- Logitech USB headset
default device.

and I've tried configuring it but it only shows 2 options Mono and Stereo and it doesn't show anything to do with headset at all.. please help i don't no what to do
i think it has somethign to do with front jacks but i dont no :( please help

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Is this your motherboard ...
http://www.motherboards.org/imageview.html?i=/images/reviews/motherboards/1974_p3_1.jpg ?

If so there is a Q-connector that can attach the various items, reset, front IO, etc.
http://www.motherboards.org/imageview.html?i=/images/reviews/motherboards/1974_p3_20.jpg
but basically the top 4 rightmost pins in this closeup are the front IO

If you don't want to mess with this then you might try plugging the headphones in the line-out jack instead of the speaker jack but I doubt it will change very much. Audio & line-out send a signal with minimal amplification because they expect to be amplified by the speakers, From what I have read, the headphone connection is better amplified, thus the problem you encounter. If your speakers have a headphone port try plugging in your speakers and using their headphone port.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it plugs into a USB exclusively (not USB for power and a 1/8" mini plug to the audio jack) then it likely has to do with the sound drivers. (Even if it does use the 1/8" mini it could be your sound drivers but in that case it would be for your motherboard/soundcard, not from Logitech)

Try the logitech website. From there you can look for drivers for your model or even contact Logitech support.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i looked up drivers for logitech.. and cudnt find any, for my headset. it said i didnt need drivers...

also ive downloaded latest VIA audio manager drivers. and microsoft drivers.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Email logitech support and tell them their product sucks and you want a refund; I'm no fan of logitech anymore anyway. :p

But seriously, choose the contact support link and tell them your problem. See if they have any ideas. They generally reply within 48 hours (excluding weekends) even though they were of no help to me. :mad:

Reaction score
hahaha well thx heaps for ur help.. but i dont think its logitech loll.. coz it does same for my other headset :(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
But they may have some ideas. Stuff to try.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Go to Control Panel, Classic View, Sound and select Playback, then your headphones. Disable speakers.

Did you read your User Guide and follow the "VISTA" instructions?

Vista and Windows 7 are virtually the same when it come to configuration and such.

Reaction score
yeh i tried.. haha as i said, its there in PLayback devices but its as speakers not headphones this is wat it says

Speakers
5- Logitech USB headset
default device.

and it wont see them as headset.. and when i try to edit (configure) it shows only 2 options to make sound quality. mono and stereo lol so yeh

Ask a Question