SOLVED sound coming from both built-in speaker and headset

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. I have also downloaded VLC (Video Lan) to watch .avi movies.

However, when I watch a movie after connecting a headset, the sound comes from both, the built-in speakers and the headset. I have tried few settings but the problem is still there.

Can anyone help.

Rajeev

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi rajeevsaraf and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Have you looked at your volume control options

Reaction score
Hi

I looked in there. It shows only the Speakers as available option even when the headset is connected.

Rajeev

Reaction score
What's your Mobo Does it have onbord sound if so it may have Realtek HD Audio check to see you have Realtek. Then do this, click on the speaker ok there is two speakers in the tray click on the orange one NOT the white one. Then go to advanced settings and select ("Mute rear output device, when front head phone plugged in."). Select OK then OK again.

Reaction score
Hi Coco

No I do not have Realtek HD Audio. And there is only one speaker showing in the tray.

Rajeev

Reaction score
Can you give us you Mobo details including (Make and Model):burnout:

Hay your thread is marked solved!!!!!.:confused:

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry for the 'solved' marker, I pressed it by fault.
Regarding the MoBo details, you need to help me. How do I find these details and where???

Reaction score
Open up your case and look on the Mobo (Motherboard) For any Numers or a brand. eg. Asus P7P55D, MSI P55-CD53 or JW--RX780X-AM2+(SC) it should be printed on it.

Also give me Your processor eg. AM2, AM3 Intel i5 or Intel i7 yours may be defferent.

Reaction score
Hi

Let me try. My notebook is Compaq Presario V3000 (V3070TU)
Motherboard is Wistron 30B2 61.65
Processor is Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2050, 1.60 Ghz Intel Core Duo

Rajeev

Reaction score
Can you post me some pictures using the Attachent of the laptop and motherbaord about 5

Thanks (Nice Laptop) Hard to find pictures as only model in that range.

Reaction score
Ok then go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Device Manager Then click on Sound, Video and Game Controllers. and see what audio device you have. also check for red crosses and yellow marks.

Reaction score
Ok Go to realtek website and get the latest drivers for windows 7 either 32bit or 64bit dependin on your computer and OS. Yep and get the high defnition ones and install them.

Reaction score
i have downloaded and installed the realtek. where do i see to check whether it is installed correctly?

Reaction score
Sorry My stupid server packed it again and had to be reset

To find out whether it istalled properly check for an orange speaker in the system tray.

Reaction score
orange speaker??? there is no orange speaker in the system tray.
only one speaker is showing in the tray and on clicking its properties i do not see realtek anywhere

Reaction score
Well I see two orange Speakes here but it's not on your computer. see can you restart and also check in the add/remove programs

Reaction score
guess in my notebook it shows only one speaker.
checked add/remove programs, realtek is installed as it can be uninstalled.
will see if this works when i reach home tonight.

thanks for the help.

Ask a Question