Having frequent BSOD since yesterday.

Reaction score
Yesterday I logged into league of legends in the morning like i normally do and played a game with my friend. Everything went fine except we lost. Then we attempted to do another and I crashed. It said System_Thread_Exception. So naturally I tried to restart my computer and tried again and it was having some problems turning on. The lights and fans would turn on but nothing would show on the screen. Then it would shut off and try again. It did this for a little while until it started turning on again. I tried a system repair and set it back to an earlier date when it was working fine but that changed nothing. Then I used malware bytes to debunk everything and it worked for 2 hours. I believe this is when i got the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD. Next was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. After that it was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and then it worked for the rest of the day. It worked from about 4:00 pm EST to 11:30 pm when I shut it off. T

Today I got up and eager to play with my friends since I missed an entire day yesterday I logged into League of Legends and it was the same story. Did 1 game fine. Next game I crashed with system service exception again. I have all the logs saved if anyone needs them. Please help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We need the actual DMP files zipped up and attached, not a log of them.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Their location is listed in the txt file you posted:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081414-17581-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Minidump\081414-13540-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Minidump\081314-36691-01.dmp
etc.

Normally you just copy the most current 5 or 10 DMP files to a folder on your desktop or in My Documents and then you zip them up together to a single file and attach that zip file here.

Zipping DMP files is explained in the How to Get BSOD assistance thread which I linked earlier.

Reaction score
Here you go. Thank you for assisting me. I would also like to note that after giving up on playing league earlier due to me not wanting any more problems because of the Archeage Beta kicking off today I haven't had any. I find it very strange how this pattern has taken place. I can do 1 game. Then in the next one when I try to start it up I crash.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
3 of the 7 DMP files mention the video driver nvlddmkm.sys which is from 5/19/2014 - not very old but it would be a good idea to see if there is an updated driver from NVidia.

Games are graphic intensive and they often cause the actual problems so make sure you have all the latest patches installed.

What is the make/model of your computer? and your GPU if not using the on-board graphics?

Reaction score
I went through everything on Device Manager yesterday and tried to update every single driver and everything was up to date. And my Computer is custom built using an msi motherboard and the GPU is an Nvidia GTX 660.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Device Manager searches Microsoft's updates; venders, especially video card vendors, put out frequent updates that you won't see in Windows Updates or won't see for quite some time. Please check NVidia's actual site for updates to your card. I see GeForce version 340.52 for your card which is dated July 29th and is likely newer than the driver you have installed.

Shintaro

Reaction score
HERE is the link for the download of the drivers for your GTX 660.

If you have any question please don't hesitate to ask.

Ask a Question