Hardware problem or software one?

Reaction score
yesterday unfortunately my hard disk decided to call it a day and was gone. I bought a new one and when I'm formatting it and installing the windows 7,the installation keeps freezing always at the same point. I've tried it several times now with different RAMs.

Can someone point out what the issue could be? Maybe the new harddisk or the motherboard? or maybe the DVD drive? I don't know and I desperately need the PC to work for assignments.

Thank you all beforehand for your help, it is really much appreciated right now.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, cinim.

At which point does the installation freeze? Also, are you sure your old disk failed, as opposed to a different hardware fault?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Tell us more about your configuration and setup.

Make and model of motherboard, hard drive, RAM sticks, DVD drive, etc.

If you have an older motherboard with conventional capacitors, they may have aged and swollen on you. A friend of mine had a two year old ECS motherboard with the old type capacitors and two swelled up and burst, causing his motherboard to go kaput on him.

Ask a Question