Hard drive speed

Reaction score
I have just put together a new PC and have 2 Samsung Spinpoint (sata300) hard disks installed. I have had a look at Windows 7 performance utility and although all the other components rate very well, the disk data transfer rate is the same as my previous PC. Very disappointing to say the least.

I have an Asus P7P55 motherboard with 4Go RAM. Am I to believe this low rating (5.9) or is it not very reliable? If it is, do I need to tweak something?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi luddynicebloke

There is nothing wrong with your Samsung Spinpoints, the Windows 7 Experience Index is a bit mean with its points (myself and another member run ATI Radeon HD 5970 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card, this is the fastest card you can get and it only gets 7.3 on the Index, so take the Index score with a pinch of salt mate ;)

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback. I nearly went for the Sapphire HD5850 but couldn't really justify the expense so bought the HD5770 instead. Very pleased with it. It is rated at 7.4 on the index which makes no sense at all compared to the 7.3 for your card Veedaz.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Last two times i ran the Index for graphics i got 7.2 then 7.6 in the same day :dontknow:

Ask a Question