hard drive config

Reaction score
hello again guys just a small problem now, tried to install another 80gig seagate sata drive
it installed o.k and in my computer shows disk d,I only want to use this as storage,but whenever i download anything and want to send it to d it isn;t in the drop down menu,its showing in the sidebar i can drag the files across into d and works o.k.but am mystified why i cant get it in dropdown.have formatted drive,in the disc manager it shows healthy and active---- regards===============bob
by the way i think windows 7 is running great couple of teething troubles but o.k

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
When you say 'drop down' menu are you talking about the "Send To" option? If so, to add more options to this menu you need to show hiden files and folders and then navagate to:

c:/Users/(your user name here)/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows

In this folder is the Send To folder. Any shortcuts added in this folder will show up on your right click menu options, under the Send To option. Just make yourself a shortcut to your D: drive and place it in here (and add any other handy shortcuts you like)

Ask a Question