Had windows 7 upgraded to 8 now want to go back, how do i do this ?

Reaction score
I had W7 home addition when I bought the computer and then I needed to upgrade to W8 pro for a program I was using. Now I don't need it or like it. I was wondering if I can just restore back to that date when I loaded W8 ? Will this work ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is no easy way I'm aware of to go back and still have all your programs unless you did what was recommended before the upgrade which is to back up the system to an external drive (best case is if you created an image).

There is a way to get back to W7 if you still have Windows.old but it's a lot of work and still requires you reinstall all your other programs. Better to back up all your data and then either use a restore partition (if your computer came with W7 installed on a separate partition) or reinstall from W7 system restore disks if you created them. If you don't have either of those then you need your W7 product key and you can use a W7 Installation DVD to reinstall (if you don't have the installation DVD you can burn one with with the links HERE. Be sure to get the same version you had.)

Ask a Question