SOLVED Green Volume Bar

Reaction score
I had windows XP and the green volume bar showed on my screen. I had to get a new computer( tower only ) and it has windows 7 . The volume bar wont show on screen . It only shows the icon in the task bar .

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I had windows XP and the green volume bar showed on my screen. I had to get a new computer( tower only ) and it has windows 7 . The volume bar wont show on screen . It only shows the icon in the task bar .
Hi pepelpew! Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website. :ciao:

It's just one of the new features of Windows 7. Remember you're on a new operating system now and there are some features that you'll have to adapt to.

Maybe there's a tweak somewhere that will do the volume the way XP did, but I don't know of any.

Learning a new operating system is similar to learning the way a new car operates and drives compared to the 8 year old car you used to have. Certain features and functions are in different places and accessed differently.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I can get that Volume Bar on my screen through my Programmable Logitech Keyboard, if you have a programmable keyboard like mine, you may be able to install the program for it in Windows 7 without needing 3rd party programs.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Technically your programmable keyboard installs software (in your case from logitech) so it still really IS third-party software; Logitech's software simply provides multiple additional features such as "noticing" when you hit the extra keys.

But I do agree with draceena, if you already have a program running that can accomplish this task, then to save system resources it might be better than loading yet another program into memory.

Last edited:

Ask a Question