Got BSOD when trying to play DVD/Video file

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here and would like to ask some assistance on the problem I just had.

Yesterday I was about to watch a DVD on my notebook -ASUS UL80VT WIN7 PREMIUM- but suddenly I got a blue screen.
I tried a few times but always ended with blue screen.
It's been awhile I haven't played DVD on my notebook, so it surprised me when it happened - besides, I never had a blue screen before - ever.
I don't know what caused it, I hope you guys here could help me out.

Attached, please find my minidump and the screenshot of details of problems.

Thanks a million in advance! :)

Attachments

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Have you installed any applications recently which may have messed with the codecs installed on your machine? I'd make sure your gfx drivers are up to date, and install a codec pack, K-Lite for example.

Reaction score
Hello CORE, thank U for replying my thread.

What I remember I only updated my NVIDIA drivers a month ago... Do U think it might have caused my problem now?
U suggest me to install a codec pack?
Thanks a bunch :)

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I would try reinstalling the graphics drivers first, and try installing K-Lite if you get another BSOD when trying to play back a DVD or other video.

Reaction score
Hi! Core...
Just after I posted my reply... I went to my device manager and saw that my display adapters had an exclamation sign. So I checked it, and it turned out that the NVidia updated I installed the other time conflicted with my original ones.

So I uninstalled those drivers, and took out my ASUS Drivers&Utility CD... and installed it from there... then Voilà... everything has come back to normal!
Phewwwhhh.... what a Relief!

I think I should've checked it before making a thread here... LOL
Thanks

Ask a Question