Googles new Preview Pages

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but this latest "enhancement" to my internet experience was driving me up the f@!%i@ wall! I was spending more time trying to escape the "pop-up pages" than I was speed reading the links info.

Well, my sanity has been returned! If you're running Firefox and have GreaseMonkey installed your sanity too can be restored.

I found this GM userscript that hides/disables the mag lenses. I've had it installed for 24 hours now and haven't seen a preview page or mag lens on any search page since installing.

Seems I'm using half of my goggle searches trying to find ways to disable their own "enhancements" these days!

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but this latest "enhancement" to my internet experience was driving me up the f@!%i@ wall! I was spending more time trying to escape the "pop-up pages" than I was speed reading the links info.

Well, my sanity has been returned! If you're running Firefox and have GreaseMonkey installed your sanity too can be restored.

I found this GM userscript that hides/disables the mag lenses. I've had it installed for 24 hours now and haven't seen a preview page or mag lens on any search page since installing.

Seems I'm using half of my goggle searches trying to find ways to disable their own "enhancements" these days!
So your not trying to kill me after all! :D thanks for the heads up on the GM userscript!

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I haven't noticed anything new. What popups?

Reaction score
doesn't do what it says on the tin, as the preview will activate again :(

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Something like this:

infographic.jpg

Actually, I've just found there is now a shed load of "cures". There wasn't when I last looked though!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Oh it's like a "view cached page" but it must have a mouse rollover function, I don't use google so I didn't understand till I saw your screenshot.

Ask a Question