Goodbye HP Computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In a dramatic reshuffling, Hewlett-Packard Co. said Thursday that it will discontinue its tablet computer and smartphone products and may sell or spin off its PC division, bowing out of the consumer businesses.

It's one of the most extreme makeovers in the company's 72-year history and signals new CEO Leo Apotheker's most transparent move to date to make HP look more like longtime rival IBM Corp., which now makes most of its money from software and services.

The most apparent result for consumers will be the end of HP's TouchPad tablet, a sales dud, and HP-branded smartphones, also-rans in a booming market crowded with the iPhone and devices based on Google's Android system. By the end of next year, HP computers could be sold under another company's name.
News Source

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Fast return on the news there, TM. I saw the newsy item on the BBC about 15 minutes ago!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not really, somebody will buy them and take over. Basically they are just looking to sell off the PC business and get into computer services like IBM did a long time ago.

Reaction score
late posting here; I read somewhere that Acer corperation was owner of hewlett Packard. It remained seperate from Acer Emachine and Gateway.

Reaction score
ah i see just like Lenovo did to IBM ? who will be the next owner of HP ? as our office owns soo many HP products..

Reaction score
The laptop I am typing on now is an HP. It's served me well, so hopefully whatever changes occur to the brand don't cause a decline in quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question