SOLVED gfx card- harware acceleration disabled

Reaction score
Hey all. So I had just recently reformatted my Alienware m11x (running Windows 7), and managed to get what I thought were all of the drivers. However, I'm still having all kinds of problems with anything relating to my graphics card. There are 3 different issues that keep popping up relating to it, and I was hoping one of you could make sense of it for me.

1) When opening Microsoft games, I receive this error: "Hardware acceleration is either disabled or not suported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on." Okay, so I went to the nVIDIA site and ran the driver scan, downloaded said driver rebooted, and still, nothing.

2) When I attempt to use any of the "fancy" screen savers, such as ribbons, mystify, bubbles etc, I get this message: "The screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct3D." Tried finding that driver, and failed to get one compatible with my specs.

3) After I open screen resolution (as you would when setting up an HDMI connection to a TV), and selecting advanced settings, I see that all of my properties are marked unavailable or n/a. I'll attach a photo of this.

As you can see, it's just a big mess. I've been attempting to do this for awhile now, and just cannot seem to find the correct drivers! Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I thought that this is the driver I had downloaded, but I guess not! Everything works now :)

Ask a Question