SOLVED From 64 Bit to 32 Bit

Reaction score
When Windows & was rel;eased I bought a Professional version to put on my comuter but never did I have just bought a Toshiba L450 and it has the 64 Bit version of Home Premium installed and with it came a System recovery disk whic says it is Windows Home Premium on it so my if I used the recovery disk would I be able to upgrade the home premium version to my Professional version.

I ask as I have a few XP programme and files I want to use. Help.

Thanks in advance Ken

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi humbercoastguard! Welcome to the Windows 7 Forum website!

First of all your Windows 7 Professional is a 32 bit version?

Second, nearly ALL XP programs will run on Windows 7 64 bit. I have tested over 120 dirfferent 32 bit programs that ran on XP and only ONE did not work.

What programs are wanting to install?

IF you decide to go from 64 bit to 32 bit, you'll have to do a complete reinstall of the OS. Which means a clean install or "custom" install as Windows 7 calls it.

It is not possible to go from 64 bit to 32 bit or vice versa, without doing a clean install.

Give us more information and you might be able to avoid all of this.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and one of the XP rogrammes is Quicken and when installed I get 4 messages 1 says Quicken did not self register or un register 2. C:/Programe files/Quicken/qwapp.dll 3. says as 2 but ends with qwapp.dll and 4 says Cannot start as MCF70DLL IS MISSING.#
The programme works OK on my desktop which has Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks

Ken

Ask a Question