Freezes up while booting-get Internet explorer error message

Reaction score
The computer is giving me this error message after it starts to boot. The desktop background loads and I get the following Internet Explorer error message.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16768
Application Timestamp: 4d688122
Fault Module Name: StackHash_1b3d
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16695
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc7b325
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 00000000000c6ab2
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1b3d
Additional Information 2: 1b3d4660b11042efb5038fd7b87b9e23
Additional Information 3: 8f7f
Additional Information 4: 8f7f40773b0240df2bd6c45cc86bb9ed

clicking the "restart program" button allows it to finish booting. The real problem is that I am disabled and use voice recognition software to operate the computer and I get this problem before my Dragon NaturallySpeaking software loads so I cannot click the prompt. So I basically have to wait until somebody is available to click the mouse for me. Any help that I could find to resolve this problem would be greatly a appreciated. Thank you in advance for any replies or solutions.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
FYI: Explorer.exe is not Internet explorer it is Windows Explorer which also runs the desktop (unless separated using special settings to run as two program iterations).

I would recommend running a system repair (from the W7 DVD or repair DVD) to see if that finds and fixes any corrupt system files.

Next suspected culprit would be something that loads on boot-up. A possible cause is a virus or it could even be your actual anti-virus software ... so what AV do you use and have you run a full system scan lately? You could also try a secondary passive scanner (one you have to run manually) as a back-up to whatever active AV you are running. A good example is Malwarebytes; links for which can be found in our Freeware DB.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Rune in safe mode and see if the problem still exists.
Disable your Antivirus (I suspect AVG?) and try another reboot. If this solves the problem, try another Antivirus program. MSE will do the trick.

Fwiw. Install SP1. It may resolve the issue

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You might also try running in the cmd window, this command: sfc /scannow

Then see what results you get. In addition, Microsoft's "Mr. Fixit" software download, which runs and fixes issues may be a good alternative solution.

Go to this link: http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

Ask a Question