Freeze and update

Reaction score
Didn't find this problem posted, if there is sorry.

A fresh W7 32bit install on a Core2 3GHz, 4GB DDR, Intel 64GB SSD and 1 TB sata II, I've set it to work with Hot Unplug (think this is correct, don't remember how it calls to this setting in bios).
Now the problem, from time to time explorer (not IE) freezes and restarts mostly when I'm trying to access my HDDs (MyComputer\...), it also happens when I try to run programs (program not responding. then exporer not responding then restarts), oh explorer is one that is restarted not the PC.
Second problem have to updates (shut down to update). When I shutdoun windoes get updated but when I start it it starts all over 2 updates waiting, update on shutdown and so on. Any ideeas?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Didn't find this problem posted, if there is sorry.

A fresh W7 32bit install on a Core2 3GHz, 4GB DDR, Intel 64GB SSD and 1 TB sata II, I've set it to work with Hot Unplug (think this is correct, don't remember how it calls to this setting in bios).
Now the problem, from time to time explorer (not IE) freezes and restarts mostly when I'm trying to access my HDDs (MyComputer\...), it also happens when I try to run programs (program not responding. then exporer not responding then restarts), oh explorer is one that is restarted not the PC.
Second problem have to updates (shut down to update). When I shutdoun windoes get updated but when I start it it starts all over 2 updates waiting, update on shutdown and so on. Any ideeas?
Have you configured your SSD for optimal settings? Try this handy free utility to ensure that your SSD is setup correctly.

You can download it here from TechSpot: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4926-ssd-tweaker.html

Regarding your updates issues; sometimes Windows will act a little finicky and not do the updates as we think or feel it should. It may take a day or two for them to "take hold" as I and other users here have experienced that issue. It would be a good idea to use CCleaner and wipe all "Temp" files and folders too. Then the updates should work.

Also, updates many times will ask for a reboot, then upon shutdown you'll see a comment stating Windows Updates Are Being Installed, then a percentage countdown. Then upon restart it continues. Just be be sure to not interrupt the update process or prematurely shutdown the computer.

IF you are using a laptop or netbook system, be sure that you are running off of the AC adapter and NOT the battery when installing updates, when you're on a battery status only it "may" FUBAR the update due to the different settings when on battery alone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used the tool from Intel for SSD and it show it is optimized. And the update is about 4 weeks old.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Try wiping all your temp files and folders then try it again.

Ask a Question