Forum Upgrade

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to be upgrading the forum software sometime tomorrow - which may take around 10 mins to complete. It will look exactly the same, but there will be a few extra handy functions in the new software (and perhaps even a little faster!).

I'll post back here once the upgrade is complete :)

Reaction score
Do you know what advances there will be, and can you give us a heads up as to what time you will do the upgrade thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's the feature list copied and pasted from the manual, we'll have to wait and see if they are any use though ;)

I don't know the exact time, but it should be around 10am GMT I'd guess. It won't take long at all so I'd be surprised if anyone notices :)

* Social group discussions
* Social group categories
* Private message sorting and filtering
* Private message history
* Quick edit for newer types of content (visitor messages and picture comments)
* Social group icons
* Social group transfers
* Private message quick reply
* Private message throttling (limit messages sent over a time period)
* Private message reporting
* Profile privacy (limit blocks to a subset of users)
* Lightbox navigation
* Thread prefix permissions
* Dismissible notices
edit: I've just done a test upgrade on my local machine, and it took 3 mins for the full thing - and the forum service wasn't affected in the slightest :D It's a very simple in-place upgrade, so it should be very quick to do.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
All done :) Please let me know if you see anything that looks like a bug, and I'll sort it out.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Uhhmm, did you remove the ability to rename Groups? >_<

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Uhhmm, did you remove the ability to rename Groups? >_<
I've not touched any of the settings during the upgrade, were you able to rename it before this? I've had a look at the admin panel and it appears that the owner of a social group can manage the image/name settings. If you want it changed I can probably do it manually if you can't from your end.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Ya, I was able to change it before. When I go to the "Edit Group" page, I can change the category, description, type, and icon. No name, though. >_<
EDIT
Never mind, I just found out that you can't have members and change the name at the same time. :D :D

Last edited:

Ask a Question