Windows 8 Forum Upgrade

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that Windows 8 is getting closer, I've made some BIG changes to the Windows 8 Forum... and there are plenty more to come :)

In the next week or two, I'll be adding lots more to http://www.win8forums.com/

The site is currently testing out some new forum software, so give it a whirl and let me know what you think (ideally on that site, in the upgrade thread) :).

I've been working on this all day, so I'm off for a rest now :lol:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Been there... it's looking good and will continue to improve with your time and effort.

Now, go have a pint and some bangers and mash.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I like the larger lettering over there, for those of us who wears glasses/contacts, it's easier on the eyes. Plus when you correct something, it blows up even larger.

The look will take some getting used to, especially after 16 months on this forum, but when the time comes, we'll adapt. That's one of the good qualities of humans, is the natural ability to adapt to change, when necessary.

After a few weeks of using it regularly, we'll be used to it. But unless 8 offers something really good, that will benefit me, I'll be sticking with 7, at least through the lifetime of this desktop. I know that I'll qualify for an upgrade, for most likely a huge discount, but that will mean giving up what I have to get it. I'm not sure that I want to do that.

Windows 7 will be around for a long, long time. It will smash & forever bury XP's "legacy", once the smoke clears.

Ian is the best administrator of any computing forum that I've been a member of, and that's been quite a few. Even if I don't upgrade, I'll continue to be a member of this forum, and will visit the other one, too.

Ian, it's time for you to kick back and have a few beers now. Thanks for your continuing innovation.

Cat

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys :)

I really like the version of the forum software that w7forums.com is running, so I wasn't keen to change it on the win8forums.com website. However, because this forum software has reached the end-of-life stage, I didn't want to start a new site using it (w7forums.com will continue to use this software, as it works great).

If the new forum software turns out to be unpopular, I can easily move back to vBulletin - however, I think it's worth trying out. It's taking me time to get used to it, but there are some big advantages and clever features :).

Reaction score
think it will be hit I have not seen another forum like that as of yet

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Nice work Ian..

edit: there are already mods over there? Maybe you can migrate our status too: :)

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice work Ian..

edit: there are already mods over there? Maybe you can migrate our status too: :)

XenForo (the new forum software) has yet to allow usergroup promotions like we have over here, but I'm almost positive it will be available in the next few months (as coding progress seems to be going well). As soon as it's available, I'll get a VIP group set up and I'll be sure to somehow reward existing w7forum members that join win8forums.com :beer:.

Ask a Question