Forum Upgrade

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
As you may have noticed, we've upgraded the Windows 7 Forums to use XenForo - a newer forum software which should last us for many years :). The old software we were using was getting very long in the tooth and wouldn't be compatible with up-to-date versions of PHP in the very near future (the software that powers the website).

Please let me know if you spot any bugs or problems. Everything should be moved over without any problems or loss of data.

Have an explore and try out some of the new forum features. One of my favourites is the alert system for subscribed threads :).

Reaction score
this is an awsome update thanks very much. I live on my cellphone and this looks and works nicely. Thanks again nice work.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
I like the look and feel of XenForo....it's about time you made the move on the 7 forum

Reaction score
Congratulations on the change to Xenforo. You've made a great decision.

Reaction score
Liam, it was vBulletin 3.8

@Ian some smilies are now just text, as they aren't default in xenForo...

Could you install one (or more) or the smiley packs? Two reasons:

1. It'll probably mean that the missing smilies in posts are no longer missing [AND]
  2. People have more ways to express their emotions ;)
Liam

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah yes, some may not have moved over with the import. I'll try to replace them with newer versions :).

Reaction score
Forum looks nice Ian! I always had a suspicion you would upgrade w7forums to Xenforo.

Ask a Question