Folder Size, Where is it?..

Reaction score
Ok, I just can't see it right?

I can't believe that MS have released a new OS where you STILL can't see the size of a folder.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you just want to see the filesize of a folder and it's contents?

If I'm understanding you correctly you just need to right click on the folder, click properties and it should be listed there like this:

I'm not sure if this is what you mean as this method has worked for the last 14 years?

Attachments

Reaction score
yes.. that is EXACTLY what I mean..

but that program only works in XP, it is not compatible with Vista or Vista SP2, sorry Windows 7.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
but that program only works in XP, it is not compatible with Vista or Vista SP2, sorry Windows 7.
I don't think you can do that in Vista or Windows 7 as the API used in XP to do this has been removed.

I'd also like to see this feature, so I'll have a look around and see if there is a way to accomplish this. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've done some digging and it looks perfectly possible to port foldersize to Vista and Windows 7 because you can access the same folder size information via tooltips (if enabled in the Explorer options). I don't think my programming skills are up to the job of coding this, but someone reading this may be able to give you some advice.

Reaction score
I'll contact the author and see what can be done :)
Please post back here if you find it can be done, as this looks like it would be so handy. It seems odd that it doesn't do this by default, so perhaps there is some performance implication.

Ask a Question