SOLVED floppy does not register

Reaction score
New build. msi 770-C45MB. MSI 4650 x 1g GPU. win7 64bit. floppy does not show up in BIOS or devices.-I am a bit baffled as to why it does not show up.-i have never had this problem with any other builds.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

When you say the floppy doesn't show in the BIOS, do you mean that it doesn't show on the POST screen - or that you can't select the standard 1.44MB Floppy option once you are in the BIOS?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Do you have the cable correctly connected? Some floppy cables are not keyed so it is easier to reverse the connections.

Also is cable fully seated and no pin crossed or askew? Do you have BIOS set to see the floppy drive?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Sometimes it's the simple, silly things that drive one nuts!

Believe me, I've been there!

Reaction score
Sometimes it's the simple, silly things that drive one nuts!

Believe me, I've been there!
Yep, I know I have been there. And if someone was watching, you want to find a closet to hide in. Thats all part of working on computers though, after the day is finished you are laughing as well.

Reaction score
On my new build I did not have a floppy but it showed up that I did. It was picking up the controller on the mobo. Yes I felt silly when I figured it out as well. As for picking up the controller and listing it, where other mobo's don't, must be in the branded mobo's.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
As for picking up the controller and listing it, where other mobo's don't, must be in the branded mobo's.
That's true! The branded motherboards are usually much more feature-laden compared to OEM motherboards.

I have never used pre-built systems and never will. I figured that if I could build HeathKit products and other electronics from scratch in the '60s, I could build my own computer.

Ask a Question