Flash player on 64 bit windows 7

Reaction score
I have tried to download 32 bit IE8 to use adobe flash player, but I have windows 7 64 bit as my operating system and it will not allow me to download the 32 bit version of IE8.
What do you suggest I do?
When will the 64 bit 7 upgrade be available to allow use of flash player?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You already have IE8 32Bit installed as your default. The 64Bit is available int he Start programs.

Reaction score
You already have IE8 32Bit installed as your default. The 64Bit is available int he Start programs.
How do I access it!
Davehc is correct and to explain further. Both IE8 32-Bit(x86) and IE8 64-Bit(x64) are available from the Start Menu. The listing "Internet Explorer" is the 32-Bit version. I think you can see which one is the 64-Bit version

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have tried to download 32 bit IE8 to use adobe flash player, but I have windows 7 64 bit as my operating system and it will not allow me to download the 32 bit version of IE8.
What do you suggest I do?
When will the 64 bit 7 upgrade be available to allow use of flash player?
Currently, it's unknown when Adobe will release a 64 bit version of their flash player or PDF reader. I say that being 64 bit computing has been available for years, it's time for Adobe to s##t, or get off the pot. I mean Windows can develop a whole OS, yet Adobe has trouble developing two 64 bit programs (Flash & PDF Reader). They should be given a timeframe to get it developed and marketed, if they can't or refuse to comply, kick them to the curb.

Ask a Question