FireFox 3.5 Download

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
FireFox 3.5 is available for download today and should available on the link below any time now:

http://www.mozilla.com

You can read more on some of the new features to expect via this link. Some of the big improvements are things such as HTML5, Private Browsing, faster JS engine and many more improvements :)

Reaction score
I do believe it is the same as the last RC.

All my plugins work. I love the tab tear-off to a new window. Very handy.

If anyone wants to get Firefox to have the glass UI, go to THIS thread.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've had Firefox since it was a RC in the late spring. I was impressed, and now it is 3.5.5 . Mozilla is always moving forward, outperforming IE8 by leaps & bounds. Would someone please tell me how that a billionaire corporation like Microsoft allowed Mozilla, a company largely funded by donations and for the most part, staffed by volunteers, out do them?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I know that they were indeed busy building Windows 7, but that's an OS. Browser development is in another department. I'm impressed with Win 7, but not IE8. They rushed that one, just as Vista was rushed. A lot of headaches could have been spared if they had stuck with XP until Windows 7. And I believe that a lot of Vista users would agree with that. But back to the point here, Firefox (3.5.5) is a superior browser that can be customized the way you want it, not the way that Microsoft downloads it to you. There is no ad blocker, which is invaluable. There are thousands of add ons that you can apply. Not so with IE. If an upstart company like Mozilla can offer all this, so can a billionaire corporation like Microsoft. This thread should be marked as solved.

Reaction score
Is Mozzyfox (as I fondly refer to it) actually quicker than Safari/Chrome in it's new form? Safari and Chrome are both made with webkit and are the fastest that I know of out of benchmark results and personal use. (Safari is slightly slower but nice visuals).

If the Webkit duo are faster, why do people like Mozzyfox so much?

Edit: Benchmark tests are wrong, Mozzyfox is quick! And I love the Fox Tabs add on, however, it would would be nice if there was a top sites page like Chrome and Safari, does anyone know if there is such a thing?

Last edited:
Reaction score
for some reason I experience lockups using Fire Fox, not sure why, but it has been a problum for me.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Lockups sometimes happen with all browsers. There's no simple answer as to why. It could be hardware or software, your ISP, or even the browser itself. If it occurs often, then try disabling addons, one at a time, and that may lead you to the answer.

Reaction score
I tried Firefox and it locks up my laptop to where I have to shut down by pulling the battery out and un pluging power.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's not a good thing to do, FLIGHT SIM FANATIC. If when using Firefox, you have to do this, then you don't need Firefox. It doesn't lockup my PC, but at times startup is slow. Mabye you should try Opera. It's a decent browser, better than IE anyway. Shutting down your laptop like this, it won't be here for long. Your hard drive will be shot and there's no telling what else. Opera is as fast as Firefox, but I've had no problems like this,so I didn't see a need to change. Best of luck to you and please find another browser, or you won't have a laptop to shut down.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I tried Firefox and it locks up my laptop to where I have to shut down by pulling the battery out and un pluging power.
Hi FLIGHT SIM FANATIC

Thats not going to do your Laptop any good M8 so as catilley suggests try a different browser, i don't use Firefox as i found it slow and did not like it so I'm in a minority :lol:,

Two browsers you may like to test >

Opera > http://www.opera.com/

Maxthon > http://www.maxthon.com/

I use each on different Windows 7 based Computers with no complaints :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Veedaz, how's Maxthon? I've never heard of that browser.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi catilley

I use Maxthon on my main Computer its a great browser, very customisable, good security and 100s of plugins and skins, screen shot of mine >

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Veedaz, that Maxthon browser looks good, it's feature packed like Firefox. Is it an American or European browser. I've never heard of it until now.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Maxthon is Beijing-based and one fetcher i use every time I'm on line is the auto refresh (brilliant for forums) mine is set to refresh the tab every 120 seconds and you can set different times for each tab or have as many refresh as you want >

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'm going to download and install it on my XP Pro laptop right now. Thanks.

Ask a Question