FarCry 2 crash

Reaction score
i have been playing farcry 2 for a bout a week now without any problems other than with multiplayer. then i got on today and its not working. i will start the game. and it will start normally. but before i can even start playing the game just shuts down. i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. and nothing is working. can someone please help me. this is very frustrating. and its doing the same thing with left4dead. so i dont think its the game. i think its a problem with the win7. if anyone has any clue of what is wrong please tell me or atleast point me in the right direction.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does anything appear in Event Viewer at the time of the crash, there will probably be an error of some sort in there which explain why your game crashed. Can you post that here please :)

Reaction score
i dont get any even viewer. im just playing then it just shuts down. i dont know why. and there is nothing about a crash that pops up. it acts as if i closed out of it.

Reaction score
oh and i have been having other problems with win7. it just flashes to a blue screen then restarts. if you know anyother forum that can help me please tell me. i know its not related to this. but i figured you all were smart and wouldnt mind :D

Reaction score
Similar Problem

I am having the same problem with Left4Dead 2, The game opens fine, goes through the cinematic, goes to the loading screen then just closes after a couple of seconds as if I had closed it myself. The game worked fine in vista x64, I am now running Win7 Ultimate x86

I have not installed Far Cry 2 on this operating system yet, will let you know if I have any problems once I do.

Reaction score
Have done anything else like updates to any programs/applications? Has anything changed either software or hardware wise? This things don't just happen all the time. Usually something changed. Did you check the hardware to see if all the fans are working too. Overheating can cause crashes like that.

Ask a Question